DISCOVER YOUR DIGITAL SPACE
Founded on March 15, 2011 by Founder, Veronica Morales, The Social Being LLC (TSB) is a certified Small, Emerging, Woman-Owned, and Minority Owned full-service marketing firm headquartered in San Antonio, Texas.
Veronica is a San Antonio native, a graduate of St. John Bosco Catholic School, Antonian College Preparatory High School and the University of Texas at San Antonio. She always envisioned herself working for an advertising agency.
In 2011, Veronica took the entrepreneurial leap. On March 15, 2011, Veronica went to the Bexar County Clerk’s office and established The Social Being’s DBA. She took all of her savings and completely bootstrapped the beginning of The Social Being. During that time, she worked out of her home and shared office space with other entrepreneurs.
In May of 2014, she took The Social Being to the Westside of San Antonio to a building called El Parian, which is run by the Avenida Guadalupe Association. This is where, with the help of her team, she began to grow our agency.
After reading an email regarding a Small Business Education Boot Camp from the Economic Development Department of the City of San Antonio, she decided to apply to the Mentor Protégé Program. This is where she learned about Liftfund’s Women’s Business Center and all the services they provide to women business owners. With the help of these organizations and all of our mentors, Veronica was able to seal the ‘cracks’ in our foundation and today we can all see the benefits of all her hard work.
When the opportunity arose to take over additional office space at El Parian, she quickly consulted with Liftfund to apply for a small business loan to help fund the construction and additional equipment needed for The Social Being office.
The growth of The Social Being was promising. She claims that we established our roots in the ‘Heart of the City’, the Westside of San Antonio. This area was not only a great location for our growth but it holds a special place in the history of The Social Being.
Growing up in the Northside of San Antonio, Veronica’s parents always made sure to bring her back to their roots and to the area where her grandmother lived and loved so dearly. Magdalena, her grandmother, would be very proud to know that her granddaughter is not only a successful entrepreneur but also built her business near her home.
TSB began providing social media marketing services and then grew to incorporate WordPress web design, integrated SEO and other digital media services. While many of our services help formulate a solid digital media strategy, we always encourage the use of Google products such as Google My Business, Google Workspace, and Google Analytics to improve User Experience.
In 2011, Veronica was an active member of the Social Media Breakfast Club, (LATISM) Latinos in Social Media, and Girl Geek Dinners. She was also a co-founder of The San Antonio WordPress Meetup Group.
In April of 2011, TSB hosted the Inaugural Foursquare Day in San Antonio and received a proclamation from the City of San Antonio, Mayor Julian Casto.
Today, TSB resides on the Northside of San Antonio off of Blanco Rd, and our office space continues to increase with the scaling of the business. We continue to exceed our revenue goals and our current growth rate continues to be a 20% increase per year.
Veronica is very grateful to the business community that has encouraged her to become the successful business owner that she is today and in return, she continues to volunteer her time with several organizations, providing her expertise and talents to help small business owners.
In recent years, TSB has grown nationally from Alaska to Florida. We have won several awards for our designs and strategies, we have helped local businesses and non-profits makes a difference, which means we are making a difference.
We have helped change the digital landscape in San Antonio and nationally and we hope to continue to do so for many years to come.
Every day is a struggle running your own business but there are no regrets and we are proof a dream can become a reality.
Our Give Back
TSB loves to give back, especially where we live. We support our community by being a Mentor in the City of San Antonio Economic Development Department Mentor-Protege Program. Recently, we were also Mentors with the HELM Powered by Liftfund accelerator program. In addition, Veronica, our President, has served an appointee to the City of San Antonio Economic Development Department Small Business Economic Development Advocacy (SBEDA) Committee for District 5 and serves on the DAP – Diversity Action Plan (DAP) Subcommittee.
We also offer pro-bono work for nonprofits and we give our time to help educate the local business community by offering FREE workshops and seminars with partners such as Liftfund, SCORE, SBA, Prosper West, and other nonprofits and local chambers and organizations in the area.
We have seen many small business owners being taken advantage of with their marketing efforts. Listening to many heart-breaking stories, we formulated a small business package that offers these small business owners affordable rates that will fit their current budget needs.
As they grow their businesses, we hope to grow alongside them and see how our impact made a difference. All our clients feel as if they are part of our family and culture by wearing our alien swag.
Every day, Veronica reminds her team that “Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller
Veronica Morales, CTA
Veronica is the Founder and currently the President of The Social Being LLC and is a Certified Tourism Ambassador for Visit San Antonio.
Veronica has over 24 years of experience and is a natural team builder and leader with a talent for inspiring and empowering individuals to work together to overcome obstacles. She is a results-driven digital strategist with proven success in brand identity, reputation management, and strategic marketing for business-to-business (B2B) clients.
In her spare time, Veronica is a foodie who enjoys traveling, live music, and thrifting. She is also a proud alumni and donor of the University of Texas-San Antonio and attends all the Roadrunner football games. Birds Up!
Bachelor of Arts in Communication specialization in Public Relations
University of Texas at San Antonio – San Antonio, TX
Patty is currently the Accounting Manager and has been with the company since February 2023. She oversees all the operations including accounts payables and account receivables.
She has over 15 years of experience with Quickbooks Online, Microsoft Great Plains, American Contractors, and Comsense software. She has a vast knowledge of management procedures and customer service interacting with clients and vendors. In addition to her vast array of experience, Patty can multi-task, is extremely organized, and can facilitate the execution of corporate and social events.
In her spare time, Patty enjoys drawing, traveling, and spending time with her children and grandson. She is an avid 49ers football fan and enjoys watching all NFL football.
Career Point College – San Antonio, TX
Megan is currently the Project Manager and has been with the company since August 2016. She started as an Intern then moved into the Front-End Developer & SEO Specialist role.
She has 7 years of experience in using Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, Foundation 5, and Bootstrap with The Social Being’s extensive clientele. Megan has certifications in Google Ads Fundamentals, Google Ads Search and Google Digital Marketing Fundamentals.
In her spare time, Megan loves using her creative eye to polish her nails with various designs, which you see on her Instagram @ladymisfortune_. She enjoys playing video games with friends and playing with her dog, Bleu.
Bachelor of Science in Web Design and Development
Sanford Brown College – San Antonio, TX
Javen is currently the Front-End Developer and has been with since September 2023.
In 2018, Javen interned with TSB when he was a sophomore at Memorial High School. This internship motivated him to attend San Antonio College and pursue a career in Software development. He plans to transfer to UTSA in the fall of 2024 to complete his Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. He also is currently serving in the U.S. Army Reserves and has been enlisted for 5 years.
Javen was born and raised on the West Side of San Antonio. In his spare time, he enjoys gaming, reading, playing guitar, and spending time with his girlfriend, Karen, and their dog Judeau, and cat Senora.
Associate of Computer Science
San Antonio College – San Antonio, TX
Chief Communication Architect
Melissa is currently the Chief Communication Architect and has been with the company since August 2016. She started as an Intern then moved into the Front-End Developer & SEO Specialist role.
She leverages two decades of general market and multicultural integrated marketing communications experience in agency, corporate and nonprofit settings. During her career, she has directed public relations, marketing, advertising or social media strategy for over 90 organizations including more than 40 nonprofits.
She hosts the industry-focused podcast the Smart Talk Series, launched the PR Pro Gear online merchandise shop and wrote the book Smart Talk: Public Relations Essentials All Pros Should Know.
Bachelor of English/Communication Arts
St. Mary’s University – San Antonio, TX
Master of Arts in Communication
University of Texas San Antonio – San Antonio, TX
Olga is currently the Graphic Designer and has been with the company since August 2015.
She has 10 years of experience in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Olga is a highly talented, driven and flexible graphic designer with a proven record of delivering creative and innovative design solutions.
In her spare time, Olga enjoys creating wonderful designs that are enjoyable and inspiring for anyone, especially our clients. She loves spending time with her husband and their dog and she loves working with a great team!
Bachelor of Arts, Department of Design and Art
Lugansk Academy Of Culture And Arts – Kiev, Ukraine
Alex is currently the Copywriter and has been with the company since September 2020.
He has 10 years of experience in copywriting and digital marketing.
Alex is a well-rounded writer, capable of connecting with audiences by creating world-class content for web, social, and email platforms. He brings positive and collaborative energy to the companies he works with. Alex offers personalized content creation services through his consulting business, Content Marketing Life.
In his spare time, Alex enjoys playing video games, reading, and spending time with his two chihuahuas: Gooby and Izzie.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Rogers State University – Claremore, OK
Under the following designations, TSB is certified by the South Central Texas Regional Certification Agency to sell our services to public and private entities.
- ESBE – Emerging Small Business Enterprise
- HABE – Hispanic America Business Enterprise
- MBE – Minority Business Enterprise
- SBE – Small Business Enterprise
- WBE – Woman-Owned Business Enterprise
The NIGP: The Institute for Public Procurement is a national, membership-based non-profit organization providing support to professionals in the public sector procurement profession.
- 037-43 Gifts, Including Gift Cards and Gift Certificates
- 037-52 Novelties, Promotional and Specialty Products, Including Biodegradable
- 37-78 Souvenirs and Prizes: Promotional, Advertising, etc.
- 915-01 Advertising Agency Services
- 915-03 Advertising and Public Relations, Including Skywriting
- 915-04 Advertising Services, Outdoor Billboard, etc.
- 915-09 Audio and Video Production Services
- 915-10 *Advertising Digital
- 915-22 Communications Marketing Services
- 915-23 Conference Coordinating and Planning Services
- 915-27 Editorial Services
- 915-48 Graphic Arts Services, Not Printing
- 915-51 *Information Highway Electronic Services: Internet, Ethernet, World Wide Web, Virtual Tours, Including Construction Renderings, etc.
- 915-65 Photograph Services, Including Reprinting and Usage
- 915-71 Newspaper and Publication Advertising, Non-legal
- 915-72 Photography Services, Not Including Aerial Photography
- 915-73 Public Information Services, Including Press Releases
- 915-82 Video Production Services
- 915-84 Video Recording Services
- 915-96 *Web Page Design, Management, and Maintenance Services
- 918-07 Advertising Consulting
- 918-20 Business Consulting, Small (Inactive, please see commodity code 918-21 effective January 1, 2016)
- 918-21 Business Consulting
- 918-24 Communications Consulting
- 918-26 Public Relations Consulting
- 918-27 Community Development Consulting
- 918-32 Consulting Services (Not Otherwise Classified)
- 918-36 *E-Commerce Consulting
- 918-38 Education and Training Consulting
- 918-76 Marketing Consulting
- 958-16 Business Management Services
- 958-36 Exhibition/ Exposition Management Services
- 958-68 Support Services, Management
- 958-77 *Project Management Services
- 958-84 *Social Media Management Services
- 966-07 Business Cards Printing
- 972-28 Materials for Conference Expenses
- 972-50 Services for Conference Expenses
- 972-55 Training, Non-State Employees
- 972-58 Visiting Speakers
The Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts certifies that The Social Being meets the requirements of the State of Texas Historically Underutilized Business Program.
- HUB Certification: 1274583169800 – Woman-Owned Business Enterprise
By the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes, TSB is certified under the following codes:
- 541430: Graphic Design Services
- 541511: WEB (i.e., internet) page design services, custom
- 541810: Advertising agencies
- 541820: Public Relations Agencies
- 541830: Media Buying Agencies
- 541850: Indoor and Outdoor Display Advertising
- 541850: Transit advertising services
- 541890: Advertising specialty (e.g. keychain, magnet, pen) distribution services
- 54186: Direct Mail Advertising
- 541922: Commercial Photography
- 541922: Commercial event videography services
- 541922: Photographers specializing in aerial photography
- 541922: Photography services, commercial
- 541921: Video taping services, special events (e.g.birthdays, weddings)
- 561920: Convention and Trade Show Organizers
- 561920: Convention or trade show event planners
- 561920: Event and meeting planning services
- 561920: Trade show promoters
- 561920: Trade show organizers
- 561920: Convention organizers
- 561920: Convention promoters
- 541611: Site location consulting services
- 541611: Site selection consulting services
- 541611: Strategic planning consulting services
- 541613: Marketing consulting services
- 541613: Marketing management consulting services
- 541613: Marketing Consulting Services
- 541611: Business management consulting services
- 541611: Business start-up consulting services
- 519290: Web Search Portals and All Other Information Services
- 519290: Internet search portals
- 519290: Internet search Web sites
- 519290: Portals, web search
- 519290: Search portals, Internet
- 519290: Web search portals
- CAGE Code: 6EN09
- DUNS Number: 968178132
- SBA Number: P1532949
- R415 SUPPORT – PROFESSIONAL: TECHNOLOGY SHARING/UTILIZATION
- R422 SUPPORT – PROFESSIONAL: MARKET RESEARCH/PUBLIC OPINION
- R701 SUPPORT – MANAGEMENT: ADVERTISING
- R499 SUPPORT – PROFESSIONAL: OTHER
- U001 EDUCATION/ TRAINING – LECTURES
- T009 PHOTO/MAP /PRINT/ PUBLICATION – AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHIC
- U099 EDUCATION/ TRAINING – OTHER
- T006 PHOTO/ MAP/ PRINT/ PUBLICATION – FILM/ VIDEO TAPE PRODUCTION
- R410 SUPPORT- PROFESSIONAL: PROGRAM EVALUATION/ REVIEW/ DEVELOPMENT
- R408 SUPPORT- PROFESSIONAL: PROGRAM MANAGEMENT/ SUPPORT
- R706 SUPPORT- MANAGEMENT: LOGISTICS SUPPORT
- T013 PHOTO/ MAP/ PRINT/ PUBLICATION – TECHNICAL WRITING
- T016 PHOTO/ MAP/ PRINT/ PUBLICATION – AUDIO/ VISUAL
- R708 SUPPORT- MANAGEMENT: PUBLIC RELATIONS
- R497 SUPPORT- PROFESSIONAL: PERSONAL SERVICES CONTRACTS
- T010 PHOTO/ MAP/ PRINT/ PUBLICATION – GENERAL PHOTOGRAPHIC: STILL
- T001 PHOTO/ MAP/ PRINT/ PUBLICATION – ARTS/ GRAPHICS
- R799 SUPPORT- MANAGEMENT: OTHER
- U008 EDUCATION/ TRAINING – TRAINING/ CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT
- T099 PHOTO/ MAP/ PRINT/ PUBLICATION – OTHER
- R604 SUPPORT- ADMINISTRATIVE: MAILING/ DISTRIBUTION
- R426 SUPPORT- PROFESSIONAL: COMMUNICATIONS